Ajax-loader

Language
Delete

You can purchase coins now!
Manga Reborn's coin purchasing system is now fully functional.
Purchase coins from My Page and enjoy our wide selection of manga!

Bug Reports Forum

Thumb Thread AuthorEmeryl
Thread TitleSearch having "Not Found" problems. Icon English
Date Created12/29/2014 13:29

Search terms:
Language: Japanese
Tags: Boys-Love, Fantasy

For the first few pages it shows plenty of results, but every time I click page 5 or further is says "Not Found". I'm using Firefox.

I wanted to take a look at what was available, but it continuously has this error, so I can only browse the first few pages, many of which are the same titles.

Screenshot of what I'm getting when I try to go to page 5: http://i61.tinypic.com/1r2azr.jpg

Icon English

Thumb68

danluffey

Yep, the MR search engine is screwed up in many ways. I'm not sure when the devs are going to fix it either... If you're looking for a specific title or author you're better off using Google and just typing in "Manga Reborn." Sad but true :(

12/30/2014 13:06 Quote | Report

Thumb68

Emeryl

Thanks, good to know. I do hope it gets fixed, because it seems like the best way to browse through titles that need translating and coming up on something that looks interesting.

12/30/2014 21:47 Quote | Report

Thumb68

danluffey

One tip I can give you is to just do a full search for Japanese manga (not translated), because even if you search for a specific genre sometimes things aren't categorized correctly, or slip out. Whenever you find a new author that looks interesting, go to their author page or look on the sidebar to see what other series they might have on the site. Happy hunting!

12/31/2014 02:12 Quote | Report

Thumb68

Emeryl

It certainly looks like if this project is going to really take off the site is going to need some fixes. I feel like the last three days the search engine on here has worked differently for me every day lol

I'm also a little confused why I have to send a message to a creator to become a fan of them or any of their works. Every site I've ever used has the "friend" option for that, and the "fan/watcher" option if you just want to keep track of them. I feel like I'd be bothering them if I send them a message, especially if they don't speak English, and if the site did suddenly get big that would be a pretty big problem (imagine if there were a million people and you were a popular artist. You'd probably have to sort through hundreds of messages a day just from people watching your stuff!)

I do hope it does get polished. I like the idea behind this.

12/31/2014 11:09 Quote | Report

Thumb68

danluffey

That's a good point. From what I've seen, in the 'become a fan message box' people just put things like "Thank you!" or よろしくお願いします, or ファン登録させていただきます。 Just as a way to be polite vs. a blank fan registration. But it would be nice to have a watcher option that creators don't worry about.

However, there are definitely not a million people on this site, so I don't think it will be a problem for a while...

12/31/2014 18:21 Quote | Report

Thumb68

Emeryl

No, not for awhile. The more important problem would be making sure translators can find projects to work on. The whole site is dedicated to that, so it needs to be easy to use for it. Things like "translated", "untranslated" and "partially translated" need to be added on the search, as well as other options for letterers/etc to find things to work on.

01/01/2015 11:45 Quote | Report

Thumb68

danluffey

You're absolutely right. I would suggest emailing the site admin through the contact option and poking them about it. Japanese would be better, but I think English will work too.

01/02/2015 07:56 Quote | Report

In order to post you need to Log In. If you're not a member you should Register.