I write down my first ideas now, more will probably come later. Feel free to post in this thread for other suggestions or to discuss and improve mine. ^^
- When writing a post, add a "preview" button next to the "save" one pweeease.
- In fact, the "save" button when we write a new thread could be renamed "post", ne?
- The place of the avatar in a thread: it would be better and clearer if it were displayed on top left of the corresponding message in the thread, instead of being vertically centered in relation to the post length.
- I think the information banner which appears on top of the page after posting ("Thread Created", "Comment posted") or editing ("Thread Updated") etc. is currently not visible enough. To improve it, maybe you could add a light background color, such as pale green for example. This way we'd understand in one blink our action was done successfully.
- The counting of posts in a thread: currently it starts at 0, what is a bit confusing. Wouldn't it be better for it to start at 1?
- Signature: we just need to be able to set one! Don't forget to restrict wisely the banner size and weight though.
- As pointed out by GEshode, we get no CP when creating a thread. Unfair ;_;
- The "edit" option: I just noticed that when editing a thread (dunno if it's the same for a simple comment), the edit date/time is not displayed on the top of the post, yet it's this new date which is shown when seeing the thread in the forum root. I think both original + last edit date should be displayed in the post (maybe a "date edited" below the "date created"?).
(Edit May 25) - When browsing forums, we can't know from a glimpse when was posted the last message in a thread. The only date shown is the one of the thread creation (its last edit). I think using the usual way of showing dates would be less confusing: having a "created at" date (no real need of "updated at") and next to it the "last post" date.