These Terms of Service concern any and all users who register as members and use any and all services (hereby referred to as 'services') featured on BPS's (hereby referred to as 'company') website MANGA REBORN (hereby referred to as 'site'). These TOS are in effect from the moment the registration process begins. Please read the entire TOS.
Part 1 - General Rules
Article 1 (Definition)
In this TOS, the following terms are defined as follows:
- 'Members' refer to normal users, Creators, translators, letterers, fan artists and all other members.
- 'Contents' is all data posted on the site by members.
- 'Works' are all works uploaded to the site by Creators, translators, letterers, and fan artists, regardless of pricing.
- 'Normal members' are members who only use the site to view or purchase works uploaded by Creators, translators, letterers, and fan artists.
- 'Creators' are members who have the right to post works.
- 'Translators' are members who have the right to post translations of works.
- 'Letterers' are members who have the right to replace the text in works with the text from translations.
- 'Fan artists' are members who have the right to post derivative works.
- 'Translation files' are files such as text files that contain translations of works.
- 'Scanlation files' are works where the original language has been replaced by translation text by a letterer.
- 'Coins' is the currency that members can use to make purchases on the site.
- 'TOS' are Terms of Service that provide guidelines and rules for usage and purchases on MANGA REBORN.
Article 2 (Revisions)
The company may revise the TOS at any time. In this event, the revised TOS will become effective as soon as they are posted on the site. If members use the service after the TOS have been revised, it is assumed that they agree to the TOS.
Part 2 - Members
Article 3 (Types)
There are five types of members: 'normal members,' 'Creators,' 'translators,' 'letterers,' and 'fan artists.'
Article 4 (Eligibility Requirements)
- Normal members must register as members through the method declared by the site after agreeing to all TOS. Depending on the circumstances, other required registrations may be necessary.
- Creators must first register as normal members through the method declared by the site after agreeing to all TOS. Then, Creators may register as Creators through a separate method declared by the site. Depending on the circumstances, other required registrations may be necessary.
- Translators must first register as normal members through the method declared by the site after agreeing to all TOS. Then, translators may register as translators through a separate method declared by the site. Depending on the circumstances, other required registrations may be necessary.
- Letterers must first register as normal members through the method declared by the site after agreeing to all TOS. Then, letterers may register as letterers through a separate method declared by the site. Depending on the circumstances, other required registrations may be necessary.
- Fan artists must first register as normal members through the method declared by the site after agreeing to all TOS. Then, fan artists may register as fan artists through a separate method declared by the site. Depending on the circumstances, other required registrations may be necessary.
Article 5 (Member Registration)
- Member registration must be done by the actual member. Proxy registration is not permitted. Additionally, if a member who is under 20 years of age wishes to register, they must get approval from a parent or guardian or register with a parent or guardian. When a member under 20 years of age registers, the company assumes that their parent or guardian has agreed to the TOS. Additionally, if a member fulfills any of the conditions in Article 6, they are forbidden from registering.
- When registering, please read all information carefully and properly fill in all necessary fields.
- The company will send advertisements, announcements of new service and other business communications to the mail address provided by the member through registration. However, if the member does not wish to receive this information, the company will not provide any information unless absolutely necessary.
Article 6 (Registration Refusal)
The company will not accept registration from the following members:
Article 7 (Usage Guidelines)
- A single member can only hold a single account. One member holding multiple accounts and multiple people holding one account is forbidden, excluding special cases authorized by the company.
- Members must always keep their account information current. Even if account information is later updated, all transactions that happened under previous account information will remain as such.
- If the mail address connected to a member's account information ceases to be under their control, a new, accessible mail address should be entered as quickly as possible.
- Members must do the following to ensure their password is not misused:
1. Do not create a password that is easily discernible by a third party.
2. Do not reveal the password to a third party.
3. Periodically change the password.
- All usage of the site through an account will be construed as the actions of the member who registered that account. All effects of an account's actions will be the responsibility of the registered member.
- All damages incurred as a result of not updating account information is not the responsibility of the company.
- The company will accept no responsibility if a member's mail address or password is used by a third party, except in intentional situations or as a result of a gross negligence.
Article 8 (Regulations)
- Members are responsible financially and otherwise to prepare the equipment and software necessary to use the site on their own.
- Members are responsible financially and otherwise to prepare security measures against data leaks, unauthorized account access, and computer virus infections.
- Members are responsible financially and otherwise when they use the service. Members are fully responsible for all the results of their actions when using the service.
- Members are fully responsible for all creations and comments posted while using the service.
- Members understand that the company has no duty to save creations and comments posted while using the service, and that members should save their own back-ups of necessary comments and creations.
Article 9 (Prohibitions)
- Members are not allowed to do to the following:
1. Transfer, sublease, confirm as collateral or dispose through any other manner any of the rights they receive by becoming a member and holding an account on the site.
2. Do anything illegal or in violation of the TOS.
3. Do anything that could potentially have a bad influence on the youth.
4. Do anything that causes trouble or discomfort to a third party.
5. Submit false data.
6. Submit or write harmful computer programs.
7. Illegally access the company's servers or computers.
8. Use an account together with a third party.
9. Do something that could possibly damage or damages the company or a third party's copyrighted works or intellectual property.
10. Do anything that could possibly damage or damages the company or a third party's property, business secrets, privacy or likeness.
11. Commit or attribute to the discrimination or slander, or damage the trust or reputation of the company or a third party.
12. Engage in religious activities, political campaigns or business activities on the site without written consent from the company.
13. Use this service while acting as someone else without becoming an official proxy, or pretending to cooperate with other persons or organizations.
14. Do anything that could be connected to the abuse of controlled substances, fraud, child prostitution, or illegal transactions with cell phones and savings accounts.
15. Use this service for sexual or obscene purposes.
16. Use this service to meet up with strangers of the opposite sex.
17. Use this service to entice or help juveniles run away from home.
18. Engage in, set up, or invite others to engage in illegal gambling through the site.
19. Incite, assist in, or take part in illegal activities (weapon transactions, creating explosives, providing child pornography, falsifying public documents, murder, or extortion, etc.).
20. Induce or persuade someone to murder.
21. Submit links to sites that the company deems unsuitable, include sites that provide harmful computer viruses, one-click fraud sites, and adult sites.
22. Illegally alter or delete data stored on the site or in the site.
23. Impede the service's network or system, or gain illegal access or burden the company's or a third party's server.
24. Do anything else that goes against public standards of decency.
25. Post the following creations or comments, or display them:
(a) Data of comments or creations that feature a photographed murder scene or murdered body.
(b) Data of comments or creations that feature a photographed dead body.
(c) Data of comments or creations that feature photographs of other similarly cruel things.
26. Post the following things in reviews:
(a) Data that slanders the target of the review (not only the publisher or bookstore, but the author as well).
(b) Data that can be used to identify people such as phone numbers, work addresses, home addresses, and full names (including data that can be used to identify people when matched with data pertaining to the target of the review).
(c) Data that has nothing to do with the review target.
(d) Data that contains falsities or information that is difficult to verify.
(e) Data connected to claims or disputes with the target of the review.
(f) Any other data that the company deems as inappropriate.
- The company accepts no responsibility for damages incurred upon committing any of the above acts.
Article 10 (Deletion of Posted Comments)
- This company reserves the right to delete any posted comment for the following reasons:
1. The comment falls under one of the categories in Article 9,
2. The company deems it inappropriate.
Article 11 (Deactivation)
- Members can choose to deactivate their accounts at any time. Members who deactivate their accounts cannot register the email address connected to that account again.
- The company reserves the right to deactivate accounts if:
1. The member does any of the actions outlined in Article 9, Section 1.
2. The account has not been logged in to for several years.
- Members must continue to follow all regulations they agreed to in the TOS even after deactivating their accounts.
- The company can continue to use contents and works held by the members even after they have deactivated their accounts.
Article 12 (Termination of Usage Rights)
- The company reserves the right to withdraw membership status, delete accounts, cease usage privileges of the service, or change account information without any warning for the following reasons:
1. Members violate the law or TOS.
2. Members do something illegal connected to their usage of the service.
3. If all password attempts have been used up and it proves to be a necessary measure in order to ensure member security.
4. If it becomes clear that a member registered through means other than those outlined in Article 5, Section 1.
5. If something else happens that the company deems as inappropriate.
- The company accepts no responsibility for damages incurred as a result of any of the above actions.
Part 3 - Personal Data
Article 13 (Member Information Usage)
The company will take special care with members' personal information, as outlined separately in our Handling of Personal Information.
Part 4 - Coins
Article 14 (Usage Conditions)
Members may use the Coins service after agreeing to a separate Coins TOS.
Part 5 - Copyrights
Article 15 (Content Usage)）
- The copyrights of contents on this site do not belong to the company.
- Members must not infringe on authors' personal rights or members' copyrights on this site. Therefore, the company will not take any responsibility for any infringements on authors' personal rights or members' copyrights.
- If members acquire contents through the site and go beyond their legal private use limitations by copying distributing, or doing an automatic public transmission of them. However, this limitation does not apply to one's own posted works.
Part 6 - Exemptions
Article 16 (Exemptions)
- The company accepts no responsibility for losses incurred by members due to computer or communication system suspensions, interruptions, stoppages, losses of data, losses incurred by illegal access to data or similar losses.
- The company cannot ensure that contents and mail sent from the site's webpages, server, and domain do not contain harmful contents or computer viruses.
- The company does not bear any responsibility for members' sales.。
- While the company may give members information and advice, the company does not bear any responsibility for actions taken as a result of such.
- The company does not bear any responsibility for damages incurred by members who do not follow the TOS.
- The company will not participate in or bear any responsibility for the members' usage environments.
- The company bears no responsibility for the contents of comments and creations posted by members on the site.
- The company has no duty to save contents, works, or member information.
Article 17 (Limitations)
- This service has age limits depending on the contents. If a content has a limit of 18 years of age, then please do not let anyone under 18 years of age view it.
- The company reserves the right to make any and all contents viewable at any time for business reasons, the right to make any and all contents un-viewable without warning if they conflict with the TOS, or delete them altogether.。
- When deemed necessary to protect the property, safety, or name of a third party, or to protect the service, property, and rights of the company, the company will submit the necessary contents and personal information to a court of law or police entity.
Article 18 (Cookies)
- In order to authorize access to members on the site, as well as investigate usage conditions and access history, and provide the best possible service to members, the company will collect data regarding access history from members using SharedObjects, cookie data, as well as data connected to IP addresses when members access the servers.
Article 19 (Suspensions of Service)
- In order to ensure that the service can be utilized in a pleasant manner, the company reserves the right to suspend or stop all or part of the service without warning for the following reasons:
1. When performing scheduled or emergency system maintenance.
2. When the system becomes overloaded.
3. When the company deems that the service has become impaired.
4. When necessary in order to protect member security.
5. In any other case the company deems necessary.
- The company accepts no responsibility for any losses incurred as a result of these suspensions.
Article 20 (Changes and Discontinuations of Service)
The company can change or discontinue part or all of the service at any time. The company accepts no responsibility for damages incurred by the members due to these changes or discontinuations.
Article 21 (Applicable Laws)
- All actions done under the TOS shall be governed by, construed, and interpreted under the laws of Japan.
- The original copy of the TOS was written in Japanese, and all other language versions are merely translations and therefore bear no legal force or authority.
- If a lawsuit becomes necessary in regards to an action done under the TOS, The Tokyo District Court will be the exclusive jurisdictional court of the first hearing.